Combing techniques - soap challenge

Combing techniques - soap challenge
Combing techniques - soap challenge
Soap Challenge Combing technique - cut bars

I've been working on my soap combing techniques as part of the Great Cake Soapworks Soap Challenge. This soap was one of my first attempts at a combing type swirl. The whole batch is scented with Brambleberry's "Ginger Ale"  fragrance oil, which smells amazing and gives you all the time in the world to play with it.  I prepared 5 different colors of mica plus some titanium dioxide.


I separated my batch in half and poured the colored soap differently into each mold:

 
Then I swirled, using a simple comb made with cardboard and bamboo skewers.

1st mold:
Combing technique - CP soap in mold


2nd mold:
Combing technique - cold-process soap in mold

 
I liked the swirls of the first soap better.  Here is a closer look at it:

Combing technique soap challenge - in mold




Advertisement